If you are planning on leaving Fox Run, this guide will assist you in preparing to surrender the unit back to us.
To help you get your deposit money returned, the following items should be completed:
- An appointment should be made as to the day and time you wish to check out. This should be during office hours. (Monday-Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM) If you will not be ready, please call and reschedule. If no appointment is made, your check out inspection will be at 12:00 noon on the 2nd business day following the expiration of your lease.
- All keys, garage door openers, forwarding address, carpet cleaning check, and should be ready to be turned in to us at the time of check out and left on the kitchen counter.
- Carpets professionally cleaned. (Pro Clean-Wilber, 573-474-1514)
We prefer for you to make contact with the carpet cleaner and make arrangements, except for the actual date. You then would leave a check payable to the carpet cleaner on the kitchen counter upon your departure. We will set the appointment for a time, after our “touch up” crews have finished their work, so that the carpets will be the last thing done.
- Floors scrubbed but do not wax them.
- Baseboards, door frames & window ledges free from dust. Light fixtures & fans cleaned & free of bugs.
- Closets, drawers and shelves empty and wiped clean.
- Walls clean and free of nails, tacks, tape & cobwebs. DO NOT PATCH NAIL HOLES—WE WILL TAKE CARE OF THEM.
- Refrigerator defrosted, cleaned inside & out, leaving on with temperature down to medium low. Clean under the bottom of the refrigerator and clean evaporator coils. (This will help the refrigerator operate better and use less energy.) Do not use sharp objects to loosen ice or clean refrigerator. Be careful not to puncture the coils.
- Stove top & drip pans real clean or replaced as needed, oven, microwave, dishwasher & sinks cleaned. Also, floor under the stove.
- Walls and floor of shower/tubs, stool & medicine cabinet (inside & out) should be cleaned with a non-abrasive cleaner.
- All counter tops must be free of dirt and grease.
- All windows and blinds should be cleaned.
- FINAL TRASH PICKUP: In an effort to keep Fox Run attractive, please do not set trash out if trash day pickup is more than a day in the future (count holidays for delayed pickup).
Please have trash & recyclables separated and well bundled (as not to blow around the neighborhood) and leave it in the garage and we will put it out. Please no tires, oils, paints, batteries and etc. as the City will not pick it up. Large furniture & appliances, you need to make proper arrangement with Solid Waste Department at 874-6291 BEFORE YOU LEAVE.
- Garage and all storage areas should be cleaned out and swept. Front & back door stoops & eaves swept and free of cobwebs.
- Below is Rule #10 from the Rules & Regulations that is part of your lease contract for your reference.
MINIMUM DEDUCTIONS FOR DAMAGES AND DIRTINESS OF APARTMENTS
So you will be well advised, we list some of the possible deductions from your security
deposit or additional charges.
Wall adhesive hooks (each) $25.00 Door Stops (each) $2.00
Dirty Refrigerator $50.00 Blinds (each) $13.00
Dirty range/oven/broiler $70.00 Carpet Cigarette burn
Light Bulbs (each) $ 3.00 or scorch mark (each) $150.00
Excessive Carpet dirt Cost to clean* Stove Pans (each) $5.00
Missing Appliance accessory Cost to Repair* Carpet Spots(each) $150.00
Broken window panes Cost to Repair* Disposal wrench $10.00
Light Fixture Globes $10.00 Garage Floor Cleaning $60.00
Dirty Floors, walls, ceilings, Cost to Repair Kliz Paint Primer (gallon) $20.00
windows, etc or paint* Enzyme(dog odor-gal) $20.00
Other damage Cost to fix, repair* Take Down-Deodorant
Window Screen $30.00 (gallon) $34.00
Paint (gallon) $40.00 Concrete degreaser/
Floor Sealer (gallon) $25.00 cleaner (gallon) $15.00
*Cost will also include $60.00 an hour in excess management time charge
If you do not wish to clean, please contact us in advance and we can arrange for it to be done at cost plus cleaning supplies and deduct from your deposit. You are to be moved out by noon on the day your lease expires.